Sunday, April 20, 2008

Derek Paravicini - a musical marvel

I receive a daily email from an organization called Daily Good. I've blogged about them before - they're about sharing inspirational stories across many different topics. I believe they provide a greater service than their humble mission statement states - they give me a big fat wake-up call, jolting me out of even a twinge of self-pity I may be feeling. They make me grateful.

Today, Stephen Moss writes about an incredibly special musician, Derek Paravicini. 27-years old, Derek has severe mental challenges that make him incapable of caring for himself. Still, his musical creativity is not only intact but far superior than nearly the entire human population. Play him a song, any song, once and he will repeat it back through the piano perfectly. 

No comments: