Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Year of Hopefulness - Hugh Jackman, Twitter, and Charity

Here is an encouraging way of using Twitter. I support the charity God's Love We Deliver through my volunteer work. I belong to the organization's Facebook page and they sent me the message below.

If you have a favorite charity that you'd like to promote, let Hugh Jackman know why he should make a $100K donation to your charity in 140 characters or less.

"Hugh Jackman (star of stage and screen) is hosting a $100,000 Twitter charity competition. He wants people who have Twitter accounts to message him a 140 character reason about why he should donate to the non-profit organization of your choice.

He wrote: "I will donate 100K to one individual’s favorite non profit organization. Of course,you must convince me why by using 140 characters or less."

If you have a moment and a Twitter account, please click the link below and then the arrow underneath the star on the Twitter page. The more clever and moving a reason for him to donate to God's Love, the better chance we will have to win!

Here is the link:

http://twitter.com/RealHughJackman/status/1519899038"

No comments: