Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Now I really love those folks at Apple

I received a survey from Apple today about my experience at the Genius Bar. They wanted me to rate my experience and give them feedback. Perfect -- I had called the store and tried to find an email address but to no avail. So I filled out the survey and one hour later, a Genius called me to follow-up, capture the info from my survey, and then is going to get the info to the stores so they can better service the next customer that comes along that has the same issue with iWeb that I had. How incredible is that?

It's this kind of customer service that keeps people converting to Macs, iPhones, iPods. While a lot of companies are trying to copy the design and slick details of the devices themselves, what's winning people over is the friendly, helpful service - a much more difficult business to copy. I like that I'm treated humanely with a sympathetic ear, that they go out of their way to help me, see if I'm satisfied once I've left the building, and if it turns out I'm in any way disappointed, they want to mend their ways.

Imagine if every business, big or small, regardless of industry, was striving to be the Apple among their competitors? Apple would be well within its right to set up a consulting arm to teach companies how to do business the Apple-way. And we'd all live in a better world thanks to their efforts.

No comments: