Monday, February 4, 2008

100 books every child should read

I've blogged before about my infatuation with lists of all kinds. Today on omnivoracious.com, there is a post entitled "100 books every child should read, UK-style." The focus is on fun and adventurous reads as opposed to telling kids things they "ought to know." Finally!

The list is divided up into early, middle, and early teen years. I had a blast flipping through the list, remembering how much I loved some of these books. And I was also pleasantly surprised to see some I'd never even heard of! Most of them have a decidedly creative bent, allowing children's imaginations to wander over into the realm of the impossible, which is the only way toward real progress.

The list was compiled by the Telegraph, and can be accessed at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml;jsessionid=XESKHTCWTJIMNQFIQMFSFGGAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/arts/2008/01/19/bokidsbooks119.xml

No comments: