Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Hokey Pokey

This post is just for laughs...

It is helpful to explain that my family is a bit like Everybody Loves Raymond. I adore my mother who has the mysterious ability to vacillate between being Edith Bunker and Doris Roberts. I don't know how she does this. Truly, she is a kind, loving, wonderful person and lord knows she has made umpteen sacrifices as she raised me, my sister, and my brother on her own. She truly is one of those people who does the best she can with what she's got.

That said, my family has a sense of humor that is rather warped and there's not much we can do about it. It's in our genes. Below is an email my mom forwarded to me. I can guarantee that she laughed out loud when sending this, as did I when reading it. The original message is from a while back, though the laughter lives on. Larry LaPrise, may he be shaking it all about in peace.

And now, a word from my mother:
"Thought everyone should know......
Sad News With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost went unnoticed last week. Larry LaPrise, the man that wrote "The Hokie Pokey" died peacefully at the age of 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in. And then the trouble started. Shut up. You know it's funny. Now send it on to someone else and make them smile."

The picture above can be found at http://www.rach.com.au/wp-content/hokeypokey1.jpg

No comments: