Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Daylight Saving(s) (Ti)Me

I was giddy yesterday at 6:30pm. I have finally confirmed that yes, I have SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder. After months of cold temperatures, gusty winds, and a small amount of daylight hours, I begin to get into a funk that no amount of sitcoms or jokes from friends will shake. As my friend, Trevin, says, "After a while, it's best to just hibernate as much as possible."

All that changed on Sunday morning at 2am. Though I lost an hour of actual time, the increased daylight more than made up for it. I have nearly a full hour of daylight after I get home from work, rather than driving home in the dark. Yesterday, I ran to my apartment (literally), put on some comfy clothes, my sneakers, and ran back out to enjoy my "extra" sunshine. I couldn't believe the difference it made. 

So while it's been a long, cold winter that has allowed me time to reflect and contemplate where I am in life, I am thrilled that Spring is just over the horizon, along with the opportunity to change my contemplation into action. 

The above photo can be fond at: http://bexar-tx.tamu.edu/HomeHort/F1Column/2004Articles/Graphics%20Hort/tree%20in%20sunlight.jpg

No comments: