Sunday, March 23, 2008

Shifting energies

Some days New York beats the hell out of the best of us. Like a job, no matter how much we love it, it can't love us back. I got a parking ticket (unfairly I might add - so I'm fighting it), I had a hard time getting around the city for a work project due to construction (which seems to be happening in every neighborhood), the wind was blowing so hard my lungs hurt walking outside, and then I got booted off a subway due to a suspicious package and once I walked to a new train station, a racial fight broke out in the car I was in (right next to me). And this all happened in one day.

I ate dinner with my friend, Brooke, and we talked about energies that seem to be shifting in the world. Sensing that something is happening in the world that is signaling change. Big change, and not bad change. Just a movement, something new on the horizon. Brooke is feng shui-ing her apartment. I have a Dummies guide to the art and though it sits on my bookshelf, I have not once picked it up to help with my current apartment even though my sleep cycles and energies have been completely knocked off kilter. 

Yesterday I started working on the corner of my place that deals with relationships. Previously, I had my junk box there. A recycled cardboard box decorated with some lovely wrapping paper. And in that box I would put all the stuff I couldn't find another place for, and eventually it became a place that I put all kinds of things that I didn't want to find a home for at the moment. A dumping ground. My love life. Brooke looked at me with something akin to horror. "You need to fix that."

So I did. We can't always force circumstances in our lives; it could be argued that we can never force circumstances in our lives. Rather than pounding the pavement and fighting for what we want, sometimes we need to prepare ourselves and call good fortune to our door. Now I just hope that good fortune is listening.     

The photo above is from http://fengshui.happyhomezone.com/document/pics/doorway300x400.jpg

No comments: